Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cupcake stand and candy bowl


I am so excited, I finally took the plunge and made some of these altered candle sticks and plates. I have been collecting inspiration here, for a while. I went cheap for my first attempts and got everything pictured at the thrift store. So this whole ensemble cost me less than $5.00. Woo Hoo! The plate is a sandwich sized plate and the bowl is about 6.5 inches across and 3 inches deep.



I couldn't find recommended E-6000 glue at Walmart so I read the information on this Loctite brand, and decided to give it a try. It worked out fine. I layed out an old ratty towel and had my cotton swabs and acetate handy for any quick clean up needed.



I used two heavy books to weigh them down during the 24 hour curing time. They turned out awesome, now I am ready to branch out and make some more. Maybe some with holiday themes or just a few more with the clear blue glass for setting a pretty table.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...