Monday, January 21, 2013

Holiday shaped gate fold cards




I was inspired  to create these by this pin on Pinterest. I created them on my Cricut using Design Studio and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I was using up paper stacks I have had on hand for years. I did some border punching along all the flap and cardstock straight edges. A little bit of  decorative bling on the front flap and they are ready to go. The finished size of both is kept intentionally under 4.25 x 5.5 inches so that they will both fit in standard A2 envelopes. 



Here is a detail shot of the first flap raised.


And the bottom flap lowered, showing the interior liner so that I could stamp a sentiment since this paper is beautiful double sided stuff. The above stamps are all from the current CTMH Whooo's your Valentine promo set. So cute. 


Here is the egg shaped card with its first flap flipped up.


And the inner liner exposed with the lower flap out of the way. creationsbypatti.blogspot.com had a beautiful idea and I really enjoyed recreating it on the Cricut.

As always, I am happy to send you my Design Studio .cut file if you would like to give a go at recreating this card also. Be sure to leave your email address in the comments section below and I will send it out to you. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I love the cards! Can I have the .cut file please?
    brandyrea@att.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...