Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Banner b-day card




This card was inspired by this pin. I had just bought these beautiful paper pads at Hobby Lobby and thought it would work beautifully for this banner card. I decided to make this card a 5 x 7 inch card so that I could make nice 1.25 inch wide banners and use my Thickers alphabet stickers for part of the sentiment. Where the letters extend past the banner paper, I took a q-tip and some baby powder and rubbed the exposed sticky part. No more sticky. :)  The happy part of the sentiment is stamped using SU! Daffodil pen and CTMH Mad About You stamp onto a scrap piece that I trimmed to be a pennant shape and wrapped with bakers twine before popping it up on the card base. The card base is embossed using the new SU! Clouds embossing folder. So sweet! I added a touch of SU! pom pom ribbon and a button tied with more bakers twine and the card front is all done.



These shots are just to show you how I achieved each of the different banner bottoms.



I used a variety of punches and carefully placing the paper so that only part is punched allows for different details on the banners.



Using the scallop photo corners and the 1.75 inch scallop circle punches in a new way makes them more versatile and gives me more variety and bang for my buck. It's a good thing. As is carefully snipping apart clear polymer stamps to use a portion of the sentiment. Yep, that's what I did to get the "happy" all by itself.  


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...