Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine's treat tote

Whew. I finally finished this lil tote. I have been working on it for a week. After my Christmas vacation craft-a-palooza I think my mojo took a hiatus. It's slow to return.
I have saved this inspiration, from andreawalford.com from her 01-29-09 tutorial video post, for a very long time. I'm so glad I finally got around to making it. Her video is awesome, so easy to follow and create right along with her. Love it!!!


This is just a lil close up of the embellishments on the front. I used the SU! punch and then layered them on coordinating card stock and used my decorative scissors to trim around them with the cutey patooty scalloped edge. I even ran a few hearts through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dot embossing folder.


This is the inside, when the bow is untied the front falls forward for the big reveal. Now Andrea Walford used bottles, but I had seen a tutorial on Split Coast Stamper's I believe, showing how to make your own holders out of scavenged acetate. (Mine came from a few new Cricut cartridge packages that I was lucky enough to get during the Michael's amazing sales, thanks to Brandy!! Thank you, thank you personal shopper extraordinaire.)
I cut the plastic at 3.75 x 6.5 inches and scored at 1.5, 3, 4.5 and 6 inches. Folding at each score and putting some tape along the last tab area you have created a square tube shape. I then cut 4 x 4 inch squares of coordinating card stock, scored it at 1.25 inches on all 4 sides. I used an EK Success border punch along all 4 sides. Then you just assemble the lids with a lil tape and I used ribbon pulls cut at and angle, I lightly singe the edge to keep it from unravelling, and tie a knot in the end and feed it through a tiny hole in the center top of the lid.


Here is a close up of the finished product. It should be full of candy, but I don't have any Valentine's candies yet. So you can use your imagination, or check out Andrea Walfords cute candies.

The papers I used are SU! cherry cobbler and black card stocks, the gingham paper is from DCWV dots, stripes & plaids matstack. All the ribbons are from Really reasonable ribbons. The gorgeous white stitched satin is one of this months ribbon club selections and the black gingham, I loved so much after receiving some in a prior club selection, I bought a whole spool of it.

I'm so glad to be playing with paper again. I hope I will be posting a bit more, soon. One project a week is a lot less then I require for a good therapy replacement regimen. ;)

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy's back!!! I love this one too :) I've been checking your blog everyday and I'm glad to see some new posts.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...