Saturday, February 5, 2011

Coffee filter heart wall decor


I just finished this wall hanging. I saw it on my friend Tina's blog thecrazystamplady.blogspot.com her 02-01-11 post and was inspired to try it right away. Mine is very different, but I went with the supplies I had on hand. Which was bright white coffee filters, so I misted them with Tattered angels glimmer mists and chalkboard mists, and ribbons of all kinds but no burlap, so again I used what I have on hand.
Also the lighting is terrible for photographing this project right now. Hopefully the sun will shine tomorrow and I will take a photo of the heart on my dining room wall.
This is a close up, and shows but does not do justice to the mists applied. I used The girls' paperie tinsel & twig paper. It's meant for Christmas but I think it works great for Valentine's day also. I used some sheer organza ribbon and some crocheted cotton lace also, for around the outside of the heart.
I up-cycled a Ritz cracker box for a chip board base and then I just taped the torn paper bits on, Mod Podge is just too messy for my tastes. My crumpled coffee filter heart was loose and kind of formless so I cinched it up with an organza bow. I tied it all the way around the outside and bowed it at the top where there should be a small point. It helped to pull it in tighter and give it a bit more heart shape. I punched two holes with my crop-a-dile and am hanging it with a thin leather cording. I like all the contrast of sheer ribbon, cotton lace and leather.
This went together really fast, and now I want to go to Michaels and get some cute cupcake wrappers like Tina did hers with. Thanks Tina, you and your crazy ladies find the coolest crafts! Can't wait to see next months project.
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cathy! I love how your heart turned out!! You have a knack for using what is on hand and doing it beautifully. I love the idea of the Tattered Angels glimmer mist on the coffee filters. I didn't think of that! Also, I love the lace and ribbon. Just fabulous! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...