Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easter shape cut out card toppers



Pin It

These cards where inspired by this scrap stash using idea and this card on Pinterest. I had my box of yellow scraps out and have been cleaning them up into usable pieces and such, according to the blog post I pinned on Pinterest. I have a tendency to save anything that might be used for a punch or anything later on, so needless to say I am drowning in scraps. So I was purging, with the intent of also making some of the strips for the ideas she showed at the end of the article. Then I saw the cut out card with the strips behind, and decided at least for these gorgeous yellows I wanted to make some Easter cards. I am really happy with how they turned out.


For both cards I used my Cricut Design studio and the Easter 2010 cartridge. The cards are standard A2 sized cards. I used a glue stick to attach each of the strips to another scrap of paper. For the bunny I glued the white cut out piece over the strips piece and then ran the whole thing through my Cuttlebug with a dots embossing folder. Ink the edges with sunny yellow chalk ink. Layer it on some cardstock. Embellish with CTMH creme brulee paper flowers and some yellow pearls and ribbon from my stash. And call it done.



The egg cut out and the grass are also on the Easter 2010 cartridge. I inked the edges with a baby blue and a little sunny yellow and glued all the layers together.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...