Saturday, November 23, 2013

My crocheted waffle cone slouchy beanie


My first attempt at a hat not made on the Knifty Knitter looms. I really like it. I followed this pattern, mostly. Once again, I kind of went off and did things a little wonky at first but finished up pretty much just like the pattern said. That's is my story and I'm sticking to it. I am making this commissioned hat for a friend. I made the band first to fit it around her head. So I had to work the hat in reverse of the pattern instructions, but I think I pulled it off. 


I used Loops & Threads Country Loom in Rich Granite. And now that I pay closer attention to the pattern I realize that I used half double crochets instead of double crochets, which would explain why I had to add 3 extra rows to get the slouch that I wanted. But I kind of like the less open look of the finished hat. Oh well, it was an A for effort and a series of happy accidents finished into a nice hat.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...