Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween tulle wreath


These gorgeous tulle wreaths are all over the internet and crafting blogs right now. I love them. I was inspired by so many wreaths I had begun pinning them on Pinterest, you can see them here in my holidays board.

I bought a 10 inch embroidery hoop and a roll of 6 inch tulle from JoAnn's for less then $5.00. I separated the hoop and so far have only used the inner hoop without the screw tightening mechanism. But I still think I will use this outer hoop for a fall colored wreath next. I can cover up the screw mechanism with a bow or something.

I took the roll of tulle and using my self healing mat and my rotary cutter, I cut 68 ten inch pieces. I tied all 68 pieces around the hoop, pulling them tight and bunching them close. I did not actually tie knots, I folded the 10 inch strip in half and then pulled the ends around the hoop and through the loop created by the fold, making sure to keep them all going in the same direction. When I was all done and fluffed the tulle I decided the direction thing probably didn't matter at all.  



As pretty as she was I decided she needed a little more oomph. So I used what I had in my stash, which was a 3 inch roll of orange tulle and 6 inch roll of glittered white tulle. I cut 5 more 10 inch pieces out of each color and randomly attached them between the black tulle. I created the hanger and bow from 3/4 inch orange grosgrain, which I feel is small and insignificant. So when I am able I will go shoppinf and get some 1.5 or maybe 2 inch orange ribbon and remake that part, so it will be more substantial.

I do not exaggerate when I say the whole thing took me 1 hour, while I was watching a recorded TV show. I think this would make a great gift for most holidays and at under $5.00 and around 1 hours time, that's a beautiful thing.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Now I have to find some time to make a few of these!

    Lori
    Bloggin The Crafts

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...