Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shadow layered card toppers



I have been busy playing with my Cricut and the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge again. All of these card toppers where inspired by this pin on Pinterest and all the beautiful ideas I found on the blog post it linked to. I loved the idea, I loved her colors and I was immediately inspired to create.





The really great thing is that all 3 of these card toppers where created with scraps. I have 4 large Art Bin plastic boxes that are somewhat organized by colors and hold most all of my scraps. So I pulled those out and found pieces big enough to cut the layers and off I went.

In the above card the largest layer is the black paper. The next three papers, the shape is exactly the same size around the outside and just the butterfly gets increasing larger so that the layer below shows through just a little.





This one is a cupcake. Again the background layer is the ivory and it is largest, then 3 different layers are cut with the cupcake gradually getting larger for the shadow effect.





This one, if you clicked on either of my links above, is very similar the the original creation. Right down to the color selection and floral shadow layers. I lucked into some perfect scraps and I really love how this one turned out.

All of the stamps are CTMH. The bling is a bunch of different gems from my stash. Some CTMH, some Queen and Co. and some Want 2 Scrap.

I am happy to share my Cricut .cut file with you if you would like to create some cards from these shadow layers too. Leave your email address in the comments below and I will email it out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...