Thursday, August 23, 2012

Folded paper Christmas ornaments





These cute paper ornaments were Pinspired, of course. The original creator used Nestabilities to cut out all of her shapes. I used my Cricut and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge in the Design studio software. I used 4 sheets of Authentique Festive collection cardstock weight patterned paper. It is GoRgEoUs paper. Heavy weight and lightly textured and just feels rich and luxurious. I really love the traditional colors and patterns, especially the music sheet, so I wanted to use it to make something that I would be able to enjoy for a long time. Voila! Success. From the four sheets of paper I was able to cut enough pieces to assemble 6 ornaments in 3 different sizes.



Here is a close up shot. I used my ScorPal to score each shape down the center and the bone folder to get a very crisp fold. I did discover after having completed a few of these that the easiest way to keep them lined up as you are gluing is too put liquid glue, I used the 1 inch wide Zig glue pen, on half of the shape. Lay it on your covered work surface and press the next shape onto it. You have a few seconds to wiggle them around to get all the edges lined up, then repeat on the half of the piece that you just pressed down.



Continue gluing and layering through 8 pieces. Before you glue and attache the top half to the bottom half of the stack of folded pieces you want to be sure to put your string and embellishments through the middle of the ornament. I threaded a few beads onto some CTMH Hemp cord, doubling it for a loop on the top and tied a knot at the top of the ornament and at the bottom also. This way the cord will not pull through the center of the ornament while hanging on the tree tempting playful kitties or children.

It's a very simple .cut file I have created, but if you would like it. You know what to do. Post a comment below, including your email address, and I will send it out to you. Then you just find the prettiest papers and the rest is quick and easy.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your blog! I would love the pattern file. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evira, I'd be happy to send you the .cut file, but I need your email address. I can't find it on your profile. Thanks, Cathy - ScrappinCat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cardchemist@gmail.com Thanks Cathy that would be awesome

      Delete
  3. cardchemist@gmail.com. Thanks Cathy that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. may i also have the file.... reneeprophet2001 at yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of your ornament! Its lovely!
    carolecoward@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ornament... Planning on making all handmade ornaments for the tree this year. This would be a lovely addition! Thank you, Carole
    carolecoward@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sweet ornament. I plan to made a few for my tree. Thank you, Dian
    dfelkins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...