Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Card class





It's that time of year. Time for me to start prepping for my annual Christmas card class. Two years ago I was invited to start co-hosting this wonderful event. It's a lot of work but it is a lot of fun and full of friends and holiday cheer. So here I am designing cards for the attendees to make.

I found the cute idea for the snowman silhouette here, on Pinterest of course. I changed it up a bit and designed it on my Cricut Design Studio Software. The above background paper is some retired CTMH Christmas paper that I still have plenty for a card class. The buttons are from a SU! embosslit.





This is just changing up the background papers for a slightly newer but still retired CTMH Christmas paper design and coordinating ribbon and buttons. 





This one is was inspired by this beautiful design, I mimicked it by using CTMH All The Best and CTMH Merry & Bright stamp sets in CTMH Cranberry, Ruby, Pear and Topiary inks on the left and CTMH Lagoon, Juniper, Indian Corn Blue and Twilight  inks on the right. I used the new glitter trim layered on a strip of decorative paper, this stuff is awesome! Sticky backed and uber glittery but it doesn't rub off. Strings drawn with a fine tip Sharpie and a ruler and some CTMH Glitz in Silver and Red added to the ornament tops, finishes off this card.





After last year we had a request to throw in some all occasion selections with our Christmas designs. This is mine. It's my interpretation of this card design I found on Pinterest. I will have a selection of different sentiment stamps so the attendees can make each card for a different occasion.





I had designed a few extras and let my friends help me choose. This was one that was not chosen. I used the card layout from this inspiring piece and CTMH A Holiday stamp set in CTMH Cranberry and Topiary inks. I did add some CTMH Glitz in Red again.



This was a Christmas take on this card inspiration again. This photo is off a bit because under normal lighting the ribbon and ink match and the snowflake punches are very similar in color. I used SU! snowflake die on their Silver glitter paper. and a few extras punched with a variety of my snowflake punches. I really love how this turned out but it also will not be among the selections for the class. 


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...