Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mini composition books covered in washi tape



It's back to school time. That means the stores are full of wonderful things just waiting to be altered. I found these little composition books at Walmart, 3 for under a dollar. I couldn't resist. Mostly because I had just seen this awesome Pin on Pinterest. I have a serious washi tape addiction. This is a super fun way to make some little gifts using my pretty tapes as the star of the show.

I followed her awesome picture tutorial for the front of the little notebook. I didn't do the backs or insides with this same technique mostly because I only had one sheet of sticker paper in my stash and I needed to make 3 of these for gifts.....and 1 for myself too. :)




I covered the backs and the insides of the covers with paper scraps. I used the awesome glue sticks I stocked up on in the back to school aisle. Elmers X-treme is my favorite for mini album covers and the like. It really holds tight all the way to the edges, I have been using it for 3 years now and not a single cover has failed yet.

I decided to keep with the composition book look and I used black duct tape, trimmed to about 1 inch wide, to wrap the spine of the book.  I figured it would also help prevent the washi tape from lifting along the outer edge. I had wrapped the tape around the other edges into the inside and then secured them under the paper I used to line the insides. The paper had two purposes, decoration and making sure the washi tape did not lift.



It's hard to tell here, but what I am attempting to show you is that I decorated the edges of lots of pages of the composition book with a variety of washi tapes to make the inside as pretty as the outside.

Every lady should have a pretty little notebook in their purse for jotting notes and lists and such. Why carry around an ugly notebook?


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...