Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cupcake stands



I am so excited about these cupcake stands. I absolutely love them, its going to be tough to give them away.

I have pinned several variations of these stands on Pinterest, the one that most resembles this project is pinned here. Using inexpensive melamine type plates of varying sizes and some glass candle holders to create darling tiered stands.

I found these 3 adorable plates at Hobby Lobby (my new FAVORITE toy store) for 50% off. ALREADY!!! And they are so unique, bright, and cute. So for around $8.00 I made this gift.



Here is a detail shot of the candle holder. It is glass, and then I painted it with Krylon indoor/outdoor gloss spray paint. Then I used E-6000 glue to attach it to the plates. I decided to flip the candle sticks over so the narrower end was glued to the plate where you would be stacking stuff, more room for stuff. That's always a good thing. Especially when the stuff is candy, or cupcakes, or cookies, or truffles, or ......well you get the idea.



This stand is two plates from Walmart and a small bud vase from Hobby Lobby used as the column. This was under $4.00 to make.




Again a detail shot, narrower end down for more room and glass vase spray painted to match the plates. I am loving these projects. So cute.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...