Monday, November 28, 2011

Snowflake Christmas cards



I love snowflakes. I must have 4 or 5 different stamp sets of snowflakes. So when I saw this unique card trio I repinned it on Pinterest here, just so I could copy the design for a set of my own. I loved everything about her original cards. The monochromatic color scheme, the minimal embellishment, yet they were still so striking to me. So I changed very little of her original design. (In my humble opinion, that is the sincerest form of flattery.)

The first set of cards I made are with a CTMH stamp set that (I believe) is no longer available. It's called New fallen snow, and I think they are gorgeous and ornate and I love them.



Here is a close up, you can't see the glimmer mist but its there and I also added some CTMH Glitz to the center of each snowflake. All of the inks I used are CTMH as well as the cardstock layers. These colors are from lightest to darkest, Sweet leaf, Topiary and New England ivy.


Here is the second set I made with a current CTMH stamp set. It is called Snow flurries. Smaller, cute but not as striking as the first set. All of the sentiments came from CTMH stamp sets Snow flurries, Peace on earth, Festive thoughts or Card chatter - Christmas.



Here is a close up of this set. These colors are Baby pink, Blush and Hollyhock. Again some Glimmer mist and a little dot of Glitz to the snowflake centers. 




Here is a close up of the inside, this blue color scheme is stamped in Heavenly blue, Juniper and Twilight inks.

I decorated the insides, because that is what the designer did, and I thought it was beautiful. I usually just stamp a sentiment and be done with it. But I really liked the added stamping on the inside.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are just gorgeous Cathy! I love the monochromatic colors....they are striking. Can't wait to make a set of my own.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...