Sunday, October 10, 2010

Toilet paper roll mini album

I made another mini album out of toilet paper rolls last weekend. I meant to get around to this post earlier this week but time just got away from me. Its full of cookie recipes, pictures and all.

The tags hold the recipes. Ingredients on the front, instructions on the back.
I used the DCWV Christmas matstack from last year or maybe 2 years ago.
I kept the decorations simple. The only embellishment is ribbon used for the tag pulls and to tie the whole book together.
I did some doodles and dots and stitching and such with my Speca pens. They doodle gorgeously. Love them.




I typed up the recipe on the computer. The most time spent on this whole project was on sizing each recipe to fit on a 2 x 4 inch piece of paper.
I kept it simple by using the same font throughout the whole book, but I did shrink the size or enlarge it to make it fit into the size available on the tag.

Here you can see the ribbon pull tabs I created by sandwiching a length of ribbon folded in half, between 2 pieces of cardstock. I staggered them from tab to tab, so they would more visible and easier to grab.

I think the finished project is adorable, recycling at its best. I will enjoy pulling it out with the Christmas decorations each year.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Cathy! You need to come over and show me how to make this. How many rolls do I need? Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cookie recipe idea! How did you get the rolls to lay so flat??? When I made mine the didn't lay flat!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...