Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Altered Altoids tins and glass marble magnets



I made a few little gift sets out of altered Altoid tins filled with some decorative glass marble magnets. I used CTMH Mistletoe patterned papers to decorate the tins. With a few scraps of Authentique Christmas paper scraps wrapped around the outside edges. I had the scraps on my work area and they coordinated nicely.



The holly leaves are cut on my Cricut using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. I ran the holly leaves through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder for a little added texture, and adhered them to the tops of the boxes using foam tape and added a little CTMH Glitz in red for the berries.



The inside lid is stamped with SU! Bright Hope stamp set.



The glass beads are lined with more scraps of the Authentique Christmas papers and glued to a magnet and ready to give away.

The pieces of paper that covered the insides and out are cut at 2 x 3.5 inches. I used my Corner Chomper on the .5 inch radius to round all the corners. I then ran all the pieces side by side through my Xyron 5 inch sticker maker. I used up my stash of Altoid tins, so now I have to eat more.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute...have you done a post on the magnets? Are they easy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, Thanks. Nope, this was the first I mentioned them. They are easy. I used a circle punch to cut the paper, I put a dot of liquid glue on the back of the marble and pressed the paper to it, making sure that the glue squeezed out to the edge. Let it dry thoroughly, then I used sharp scissors to trim close to the marble. E-6000 glue the magnet to the back side of the paper and marble. Voila! That is it.
      I used cheap-o Dollar tree marbles. So the edges are random not perfectly circular. I was fine with that. But they do sell the square or circular glass pieces that might be best for jewelry done in this same fashion.

      Delete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...