Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baby girl stationary box

I am loving this great gift project. This one is my second one completed, and I have to say I was much more efficient with my time. The first set I guestimate took me about 5-6 hours all total. This one took less than 4 hrs. This one is also much sturdier. I used a much thicker double sided patterned card stock as the basic box. Live and learn.

I got this great tulle at Beverly's today in the clearance bin. $1.oo for 2 yards of it. I lucked out that it is perfect for the pink in this project. I think it makes a cute girly topper for the lid of this project.






In case you missed the first stationary box I made you can see it here. I changed up the address book to a note pad style and I left off the stamps pocket altogether. I found the perfect fuchsia mini sharpie marker so that is what I included with this gift box. At splitcoaststampers.com under the tutorial for this stationary box there is a gallery, lots of people have uploaded their finished projects so I gleaned a lot of new ideas from those photos. I love the inspiration I can find at that fantastic website.
For this project I used Heidi Grace Designs double sided patterned card stock, and Coredinations pink and green card stocks, and coordinating patterned papers from my stash. Most of the ribbon used is from my monthly club kit from reasonableribbon.com, I am amassing quite the stash of ribbon. That's a good thing in my book!
I can't wait to give this to the expectant mama at her baby shower. I think it is a great gift for any occasion and so easily personalized to any occasion.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...