Friday, June 11, 2010

Stationary box

This was a fabulous (and challenging) project. I have worked on it for 3 evenings. I received a newsletter from splitcoaststampers.com, and amongst the inspiration was a super tutorial. All the splitcoaststampers.com tutorials are full of step by step instructions, corresponding photos and usually a fabulously easy to understand video accompanying it. This one spoke to me right away "make me...make me.." it said. I had to oblige.

So above is the box all closed up. Ready to give to a sweet graduating neighbor girl, whom I sincerely hope will enjoy and use every trinket in this gift ensemble.

This is the inside, all loaded up with pretty goodies. When you remove the lid, the front flap lays forward to simulate a writing desk type set up. There are 3 pockets on the stand up back portion of the gift box. This is where you tuck: 6 A2 sized cards with 6 envelopes, 6 3x3 note cards and 6 gift tags.

This is a close up of the address book.

And a close up of the stamp pocket and pen holder.

These are the 6 A2 cards. I used the scrap pieces of patterned paper left after the gift box portion was completed. All of the sentiment stamps are SU!, their new acrylic mount line. I love them. I especially love the combination of cursive and plain text. Just beautiful






These are the 6 3x3 note cards. More scraps used to make these.

And finally the cute lil gift tags. I punched these with my Creative memories tag punch and layered on more scraps of patterned paper and some punched flowers. I even used the punched circles from the tags to add to the center of the punched flowers. Nothing goes to waste if I can help it.

So for this whole gift project I cut into 7 pieces of paper, 4 patterned papers from the SU! Bella rose paper pack and 3 sheets of coordinating textured cardstock. I think it is beautiful. I can't wait to give it to our neighbor.

Have a creative and fulfilling weekend. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is very, very pretty. Lots of work tho...I love your color combinations. I know she will love your gift...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...