Monday, June 21, 2010

Rag quilt tote bag

I made this tote bag for my dear friend, for her birthday. I got the inspiration from mychicnscratch.com, she has made a wonderful tutorial series on making these bags. The videos really are terrific. I used the SU! scallop square and cut the denim and also the cotton fabrics in my cuttlebug. The denim I can cut 2 layers at one pass, the cotton fabric I can cut 6 layers at one pass. Super-dee-duper fast and easy.


I recycled old jeans, cutting them up to use for this project. Even the straps and the button closure are recycled from cut up jeans. This tote takes 30 denim squares and 24 cotton squares, I used double layer denim on the bottom for extra strength.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...