Monday, June 28, 2010

To cheer you card

As soon as I spotted the card at anotherdayanothercard.blogspot.com I was instantly wanting to make one for a friend who just had surgery, loves butterflies and would appreciate a handmade card to let her know I miss her. So I copied it as near as I could with the supplies that I had and using the purple that Janet, my friend who had the surgery, loves so much.

I used the new Creative memories butterfly punch. I punched out six butterflies from scraps of pink and purple papers and I ran them through my xyron. I use a stylus to trace the outside perimeter of anything I run through the xyron. It seems to cut down on the stringy, sticky mess that sometimes is left around the edge of your item. I turned the xyron encased butterflies over so the waxy side was up and traced with my stylus. Simple, but it really helps in my opinion. Then I removed the butterflies from the xyron sheets and I laid them in Martha Stewart super fine glitter. I bent them a bit so the body would be flat against the card and the wings have some curve away from the paper. A pretty little shimmery dimension. I stamped a shwoopy image around some of the edges and across the card for the butterflies to lay on, and I sponged the edges with the same CTMH blush ink with a dauber. The edge punch took off more of the front then I cared for so I layered on a strip of the pink that I had used for 1 butterfly and that extended the card front to match the back side. So my card is copied pretty closely but still pretty different. I really like it and I am inspired to try more....maybe a masculine take with stars....and how about using flowers across instead of butterflies. Very cute and versatile card design. Thank you Rosietoes.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. ooh I like this. what a great idea for making them glitter. i am going to try this with stars like you said. what punch made the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border punch is an EK Success punch I got at Joann's. I'm not sure of the name of it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...