Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fathers day cards


Wow, this year is flying by. My boys are out of school, both of their birthdays have passed and now its almost Fathers day. Where does the time go these days. Thankfully these last minute cards were inspired by scrappinkaty.blogspot.com her post of 06-14-10. It was pure masculine card genius. I have such trouble with guy cards. But with these I still got to incorporate brads, ribbon, dry embossing, distressing and even some twine. All while maintaining a manly air. Yahoo! Thank you Scrappin Katy, you rock!
I used DCWV Rustic paper and misc. craft and cocoa card stocks. The stamps are CTMH Essential alphabet and Headline alphabet sets. All the brads and ribbon are CTMH also. I pulled out the CTMH edge distressing tool again also. Getting hooked on that detail. The diamond pattern at the top was made with my scorpal and after I embossed the lines I flipped the paper right side up and give it a gentle sanding to further bring out the detail. It's a little thing but I love the look.
I hope you are more prepared than I am, but if not I hope this helps to motivate you. Make a manly card for the men in your life. They deserve it.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...