Sunday, January 15, 2012

Altered tin can candle holders



Pin It

I altered some cute tiny little cans, that once held mushroom pieces, to be decorative votive candle holders for the Valentine's season. My mom kept the little cans for me after using them mushrooms in a recipe and realizing that the insides are finished white and the cans looked perfect after her fancy can opener finished the edges so nice. She knows my small obsession with upcycling and suggested I use these to create something with.

I used a beautiful paper kit by My Minds Eye called State of the Heart. I also used my Cricut with the Storybook cartridge for the letters.  



Here is a closed up of the letters. They are cut at 2 inches and there are actually 4 different layers. The chipboard base. The cream letter base. There is a pink solid decorative layer and finally the brick red top decorative layer.



More detail shots. You see the pink showing through the red only at the little holes cut in the red top layer.




I embellished with some doodle dots of Cotton Candy Stickles on each letter.


And here they are in action. Sitting atop my hutch with a collection of hurricanes and Partylite Cranberry candles. I think I need some vanilla colored ribbons tied around each hurricane. That might be pretty.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...