Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lacey scallop heart Valentine's



Pin It

I am going just a touch Valentine's crazy. I don't know why, my guys would all be perfectly happy with  candy and nothing else. But I just can't help myself. I love these girly, foofy, ruffly pretty Valentine's. These  were inspired by this pin on Pinterest. I apparently have not gotten enough of the kraft, red and ivory combo either. I just received a bunch of SU! Cherry Cobbler ribbons so I was eager to get to use those.




Here is the close up so you can see more of the details. Both of the scallop hearts are cut on my Cricut using Martha Stewart Seasonal cake art cartridge. Then I cut off the bottom half of one scallop heart and used two different Martha Stewart border punches along that edge. Then I ran that piece through the Cuttlebug in a few different embossing folders, for a little texture. A bow held down with a brad, a smattering of pearls, and a CTMH sentiment from the December stamp of the month set stamped in CTMH cranberry ink finishes it off.

These are single layer, reminiscent of the Valentines we used to exchange in school. The finished size is just under and A2 standard envelope size, 4.25 x 5.5 inches so you could put this in a regular envelope. Or it would be lovely used as a tag on a kraft gift bag too.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...