Monday, January 30, 2012

Coin envelopes and mini Valentine cards



Pin It

These were inspired by the pinning of this envelope template on Pinterest. The creators idea was that it could be printed on paper and then manually cut out. I decided I needed a .cut file for that job. Then I decided a lovely heart in the middle of the front of that .cut file would be even better. Then I decided that I could not waste the heart cut out from the front of the envelope, so I added it to the front of a mini card that would fit inside the mini envelope. That is exactly how my mind catapults from one idea to the next....to the next....and so on.

When designing the .cut file I wanted it to cut from a 6 x 6 inch piece of paper. Like from the adorable Pink Paislee Old School paper pad I just bought. So the finished size is a little larger than 2.5 x 4.25 inches. It will fit a 2.5 x 4.25 inch card.



Here is the mini cards pulled out of the envelopes. I kept them simple because these are for my sons. The size would be perfect for giving a gift card also. Also on my .cut file you can cut an envelope without a window to the front, and I also added a star window. I'm thinking fourth of July.

I am happy to share this Cricut .cut file with you. These were created on Design Studio using George Basic Shapes, so if you have those and would like to create with this file just leave a comment requesting it here. And be sure to leave your email address. That just speeds up my response.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your pin on pinterest and was hoping you would make this:-) of course, I want this file, this is too adorable - thanks in advance!
    ikennic at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy:

    Thanks for sharing the pin and cut file. I would love to have it as well. I need to start following your lead and actually creating the things I see on Pinterest and your file will be a good place to start. Please email to nheckerthorne at gmail dot com.
    Thanks
    Nina

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...