Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Butterfly embossed card



Pin It

First off, I apologize for the cruddy pictures. It was a seriously grey, rainy day. I love them, but my phone camera could not compensate. I had on all the overhead lights, my Ott light and my flash and just could not get a better picture. Ugh!

This is one of those cards we all dislike making. A sympathy card. They are always tough, and trying to keep them in the right mood goes against my nature. But I found two great ideas here and here and mashed them together. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.




I decided to use book print for the strip across the front, and then I used a book page for the embossed background too. The friend I was giving this too is a book worm, although her new Kindle has reduced the amount of actual books she is buying, but I believe that is her first love. So I thought it was appropriate.

Then I went with a nice soft brown and pink color scheme and added the pearls to the embossed pattern too. Bitty brads in the corners and brown bakers twine. It's pretty much embellished to the hilt.



Here is a close up detail shot. Which reminds me I inked the edges of everything with gingerbread chalk ink too. I had such a hard time deciding what to write on the inside so I actually google searched for help. I found a great resource here for meaningful quotes and comments. It really helped me word the feelings I wanted to convey.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...