Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crocheted spa cloth & face scrubbies





I had made a set of these face scrubbies back in November and have been using them with this DIY facial cleanser every morning since. I love them. I rinse and allow them to dry and then place them back in the container with the liquid cleanser. I throw them in with my laundry every other weekend or so. Now we are putting together a spa basket for a raffle type fund raiser at work, so I made a set of 3 of each to add to the basket. The facial scrubby pictured on the left is crocheted from this pattern, and the makeup removers pictured on the right are created following this pattern. For the sets I am using personally, I followed the patterns exactly. But now that I have been using them for months and washed and dried them I realize they are getting a bit loose and floppy. So for this new set, I added a slip stitch all the way around the edge to firm and tighten it up a bit, in the hopes that they retain their shape a little bit better.






I crocheted this yummy little spa style wash cloth from this pattern that I embellished a little by adding a single crochet row all the way around the outer edge. The finished size is about 6 x 6 inches. I crocheted these using Bernat Handicrafter cotton in By The Sea color.






Here they are wrapped with some jute twine. I added a tag I printed on the computer, punched out and then added some rubber stamped shwoopies for decoration. These are ready for addition to the spa basket. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...