Friday, January 17, 2014

Kraft cards with pigment inks


My cards today were inspired by this card idea. As you can see I couldn't find flowers very similar and so even though they started with the same intent, they turned out very different. But still a fun project with a decent ending. I will save you the pain of seeing the failed attempts. There were a few, before I got some good color combinations and good stamps. I will just let you know CTMH pink or yellow pigment inks do not show up on kraft paper and outline flower stamps do not show up very good either. 





Here is my favorite of the bunch. This is stamped with CTMH Hello Blooms, Heartfelt Treasures and Heart to Heart, Everyday Life and Avonlea Cardmaking Workshop Flair in Mini Pigment Pads Enchantment inks.
The white is SU! Craft ink pad. The CTMH White Daisy ink pad was a weak, pale, fail next to the bold pigment inks, unfortunately.  


These are all the same stamps in CTMH Mini Pigment Pads Adventure set. 


And last but not least, this one was created using the same stamp sets with the addition of the lil flower being from the Cricut Artiste Collection stamps in CTMH Mini Pigment Pads Whimsy set. This one reminds me of the ocean, of starfish and sea weed and bubbles. I like it, it is serene. I will confess it was addictive stamping the little filler flowers and the two different tiny dots all around. I may have over done it just a bit. ;D

It was fun for me to finally bust out these pigment ink pad sets, and most are really bold on the darker card stock, with the exception of the pinks and the yellows.  

I rarely do a flat single layer cards any more. While these will be great for mailing I can't help but feel they would benefit from some gems or ribbon or twine. But I stuck with the sample cards inspiration, only deviating in spritzing with Glimmer Mist in Pearl. 


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...