Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Candy cane wreath





Happy New Year! Time to take down all the Christmas decorations. I wanted to share this with you before I pack it away for a year.

This is a two year long undertaking. It got me so frustrated i put all the pieces in a box and set it aside for over a year. I vowed to finish it this year. If it killed me. It tried. And failed.



I thought I was being soooo smart buying these candycane ornaments at Dollartree. If I am going to put all that work into making a wreath, I want it to last for years and years. Well, those ornaments are not shaped the same, they are not flat and sometimes they are not the same lengths. It wreaked havoc on my plans to use liquid nails at all the the intersections to glue it together. But I finally prevailed. With lots of fun foam, big SU! buttons and ribbons from my stash to stabilize the entire thing.


This shot may help you to see how lopsided and un-flat these canes are. I guess I would say the finished product was worth it. But I. Will. Never. Attempt one again, that's for sure. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I used the clear filler from a stack of CDs on the back to help stabilize the candy canes

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...