Thursday, December 9, 2010

Altered clear ball ornaments

Last night while killing a little time at Michael's I came across clear plastic ball ornaments on sale. So silly me I only bought 3, thinking I would try a few things and if I loved it I would go back and get more. Well, I love it! So now I need to get some more. This first ornament has silver snowflake rub ons on the outside with crystal bling at the center of the bigger snowflakes. Inside I used spray adhesive, lightly, and then I added home made flower soft. Somewhere on this wonderful internet I had seen a tutorial about rubbing 2 styrofoam balls together, to make your own homemade flower soft type product. It works, and its cool to use. I used it straight white here but I have colored small amounts with a drop of re-inker ink to coordinate with other projects.

Its hard to photograph this to do it justice. I get glare and reflection. It is very pretty in person. The blue glittered ribbon is from a fabulous Reasonable Ribbons monthly club kit a few months back.

This little ornament is even more simple, but so glamorous. I got this inspiration from my friend Dana, she fed wired ribbon inside the mouth of the ornament, it swirls around and fills in and is really striking!
I got this wired tinsel type ribbon also at Michael's (yahoo, currently 60% off). I added another bow of pretty white satin ribbon from my club kits and Voila! Pretty shimmery, shiny, glimmery ornaments. Love it! I can't wait to make more.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...