Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Matchbook mini recipe book



This is another matchbook mini like I posted here. It all started with some $1.00 cello bags decorated with snowmen, my faves! This one I decided to fill with recipes. Cold weather recipes. Chowders and stews and casseroles. Oh my! ;) 

I cut this shape for the front on my Cricut, using A child's year cartridge in my design studio. I then stamped it with CTMH alphabet and snowflake stamps in CTMH holiday red and star spangled blue inks. The piece de resistance (IMHO) I dotted here, there and everywhere with the CTMH glitz. I am loving that gorgeous stuff.

Now, I realize this is an odd photo. But I took it to illustrate the one complaint I had about the original design of the matchbook mini. In the original tutorial, the designer had the right hand end 1.5 inches wide while the left hand bound end was only .75 inch wide. I'm kinda a linear, matchy matchy, anal kind of gal. I couldn't get past that unevenness. So I changed this one. I like it a lot better. I totally get that most matchbooks are wider at the top fold. I understand that it also leaves more room for embellishment in a mini album. None of that mattered to my eye. I couldn't get past it, so I changed it.

This is the cello bag that started it all. Aren't they cute? I just love snowmen!

These are my simple recipe cards. I printed them on the computer, added some snowflake stamps and a cutie patootie lil tag used to pull the recipes out of the cello bags.

I am loving my stay-cation. A little bit of have to's and a whole lot of want to's going on this week. I'm hoping you are having fun with everything you are doing and preparing and creating this week. Merry Christmas!

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...