Saturday, December 18, 2010

Treat bag

Woo Hoo!!! I have gone Cricut crazy. This is another project designed and cut on my Cricut. I used Design studio with George basic shapes cartridge to design this candy treat bag/box/favor thingy. I got the inspiration from nicoleheady.typepad.com new product release announcement. They have a steel die to cut out the pieces to make a little treat bag similar to this. I knew I could do it on my Cricut. And I was right. The proof is in the pudding, so they say. (Sorry, its late and I'm a little rummy. Which causes me to be silly.)


Here is a view from the side. My finished bag is 4 x 4.5 x 1 inches. I ran the two side pieces through the cuttlebug using an embossing folder. I used the technique my friend and SU! demonstrator Tina taught us recently. I cut a 2 x 2 square in the center of several pieces of cereal box pieces, then glued them together. Now when you put this chip board cut out shape centered over the piece of paper on top of your embossing folder there remains a nice flat spot for stamping, with the embossing pattern all around it. Very cool effect I believe. Then I used a quarter of a round sponge and CTMH star spangled blue ink to highlight the embossing. Add some dark blue stickles and some gorgeous ribbon from my Reasonable ribbon club and I thinks its pretty cute.

Once again, if you are so inclined leave me a comment (with your email address) and I can send you my .cut file for this treat bag.

Ho, ho, ho....vacation project number two. I'm loving it. I feel de-stressed and more peaceful already.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! May I have the cut file please? :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...