Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tag-a-longs package

I saw this adorable package idea on artisticavenger.wordpress.com, her 12-22-10 post. I love the idea of a selection of gift tags inside, as she intended. Maybe next year, it is too close to Christmas this year for me to give this to someone, full of tags, and have it actually be useful.

So I went with my fall back plan. Chocolates. Probably because I would be thrilled to receive a cute package full of yummy chocolates. The .25 inch pocket holds a Ghirardelli's chocolate square perfectly, and the two larger pockets hold snack sized bars and Reese's peanut butter cups. Yum, making me hungry just typing about them.

Here is a view of the open package. It really is beautiful, the Teresa Collins Noel line of papers are super to work with. Gorgeous and sturdy, they make a great finished 3d item.

So check out artistic avengers tutorial, I love diagrams and pictures included with the written instructions. I did notice the score lines for the outside of the package say "score at 5 and 6 inches", but for all 3 pockets to fit I had to score mine at 4.25 inches and flip it 180 degrees and score again at 4.25 inches. I also learned the hard way to punch the holes for the handles through the interior liner paper (in my pics above, the red pieces) then when you adhere it to the interior of the outside piece you can line up the hole and punch again, through a single sheet of cardstock. That would have been much easier then the muscle and drama I went through. I also learned that by adhering all three pockets together and then adhering them to the bottom and back side of the outside piece, it would have been easier to put my super tacky red tape across the bottom and the back sides of the pockets. Then remove the red liner film only from the bottom, line them up perfectly and adhere them down, then remove the red liner film from the back of the pocket and press the back outside piece up to the back side of the pocket. I hope this makes sense. Just a few tid bits I learned, that will make this go together much easier next time.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this too! You never cease to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...