Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Petal top boxes & carton

I designed this gift box set from an idea I got from an email from mytimemadeeasy.com. Now she has beautiful ideas, and inspirations but her designs do not cut out with my Cricut Design Studio, she designs them for many other programs but none are compatible with mine. Drat! So I spent about 3 hours last night designing my own .cut files using Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge. I did my test cuts last night, a little fine tuning and was able to cut these today. I love how they turned out.

I used Teresa Collins Noel paper line. I love the kind of old world vintage look of them. In the above photo you can see the kind of carton-ish thing with the handles on the side that keep the 3 separate boxes contained. The assembled boxes are 2 x 2 x 3 inches, so the carton and finished package size is 2 x 6 x 3 inches.


Here you see the view of the top. This is why they are called petal top boxes. Isn't this a sweet gift packaging idea?

If you would like my .cut file, please leave me a comment (include your email address please) and I will send it out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! LOVE it :) I would love the cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the cut file for the petal top boxes and carton.
    Also, the reason that I am looking at your blog this morning, I am sure that you shared with me the cut file for mini milk cartons and a crate that holds either 2 or 4 of the milk cartons. I had it saved on my computer but when I try to open it in Design Studio or Craft Room I am getting an error message. Could you please resend those cut files too?
    Thanks bunches!!!
    Christi
    fillhardfarm at ymail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...