Thursday, December 23, 2010

Paper purse

This is a purse made from paper. Coach eat your heart out. ;)

I got my inspiration for this originally from apathofpaper.blogspot.com, but then I had to tweak it. I designed it to cut on my Cricut using my Design studio and my old fave George basic shapes cartridge. And I made it big enough to hold standard A2 sized cards and envelopes. 6 highly embellished (translates thick) cards and 6 envelopes to be exact.

Here is a view of the cards and envelopes inside this almost 2.5 inch thick purse.  

A side view. Yeah, in hind sight the base paper is too busy. Oh well, live and learn. It's certainly not a goner, and unfortunately I don't have 12 x 12 SU! cardstock. Looks like I am gonna have to get some. All I had to work with that I felt was sturdy enough was DCWV glitter stack. So I tried to coordinate. Epic fail as my sons would say. But I refuse to waste it, maybe its a purse only a mother could love.

Here is an adorable little pocket on the front of the purse. I ran the front, sides and flap through my Cuttlebug in a Sizzix embossing die. I didn't do the back side because it needs to adhere completely to the paper on the front of purse.  The pocket has a lil velcro closure. My thought was if I am giving a set of cards inside this purse, then I can include some postage stamps or stickers to close the back of the envelopes inside the pocket.

I created this .cut file to share, if you would like to create your own paper purses just leave me a  comment here with your email address and I will send it out to you. Merry Christmas. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. OMG! This is too cool! I have been dying to make one of these. Can I have the cut file please? You are just amazing with that Cricut and software. I hope Santa brings you a Gypsy. You sooooo deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, very, very cute!can you send me the cut file? Thanks, Debbie Schneider.

    dschneider516@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, just a reminder in case you forgot or couldn't get through since my e-mail was down for a few days. Can I have this cut file please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Love the purse. Can you send me the cut file? Thanks a lot

    camiludlow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of this cut file - thanks!
    baklund at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love this!

    tinksmom71730@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...